Section: Education Section
Award: Up to $1,000 in travel support
Applicable to: Young Professionals
Deadline: April 1, 2016
The Early Career Professional Travel Award was established to promote attendance of recently graduated young professionals at the Annual Meeting who have made substantial contributions to the field through continued education, outreach, and AFS service. The award provides up to $1,000 in travel support to one individual to attend the annual meeting. Preference will be given to individuals presenting at the meeting, those involved in continuing education or outreach, and those in need of financial assistance for travel.
Requirements for Application
All young professional members (within 5 years post-graduation), including agency biologists, postdoctoral associates, and faculty are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be considered Early Career Professionals at the time of application (April 1 of each year).
The application should consist of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Statement of service to the Society, Sections, Divisions, or Chapters and why you want to attend the meeting
- Statement of continued education effort and outreach
- Statement of financial need
- Statement of career goals
- Current resume, degree(s), list of publications, honors and awards, and presentations
- Title and abstract of the contributed paper(s) or poster(s) being presented at the annual meeting
Application Address and Deadline
April 1, 2016
Applications should be submitted using the online form below.
If you have any problems, please submit the application in electronic format (single PDF preferable) to Rebecca Krogman at email@example.com. The recipient will be notified by April 15.
Award Recipient Expectations
The award winner will be required to attend the Education Section Business Meeting to receive the award and will also be asked to contribute to the Section's winter newsletter.