2024 application and award information will be released soon!
This award is designed to help introduce undergraduate students to AFS meetings and increase participation at the Society level. The UTAA helps undergraduates offset the cost of travel to the AFS Annual Meeting held in Michigan this year! Four undergraduates will be selected to receive $500.00 USD. As this award is funded and supported by the Education Section, awards will be given during the Section’s business meeting. Selection of awardees will be based on involvement in student and professional organizations and rationale for attending the meeting. The UTAA provides a great opportunity for undergraduate students to network with peers and professionals within AFS and surround themselves in fisheries science and research that is being conducted by society members. Recipients will be expected to attend all student related events including, but not limited to, the student networking event, awards luncheon, Education Section business meeting, and SECP Subsection business meeting. Travel funding will be withheld if these requirements are not met.
For more information or questions contact:
Carrie Pershyn: [email protected]
- Limit responses to each question to 150 words, 12-point font.
- Undergraduates will be evaluated based on two criteria:
- involvement in student or professional organizations
- reasons for attending the annual meeting.
- A mentor* must endorse your application with a signature.
- Application forms must be received no later than May 1, 2023 at midnight PST.
- Please complete form and email the attached file to [email protected] with the subject line “UTAA 2023” followed by your name.
- You will receive confirmation when your application is received. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, please email [email protected] to ensure your application is processed.
*Mentor can be a faculty advisor, agency employee, graduate student, etc.