Looking for subsection members who want to get more involved
Happy New Year everyone!
We have an exciting year ahead with many opportunities for members to become more involved in the society.
Some of these opportunities include:
- Website content curator -- We are updating our website and we want to make sure it is current, promoting our members, and providing important resources. We have a webmaster who takes care of the technical side of the website but we are looking for someone to identify members doing amazing things and write short blurbs about these people. This person would also make announcements on the website and approve posts by members. We would also want this person to review the materials and resources we have on the website and help us update the older ones.
- The student activities committee for the 150th Annual Meeting is looking for someone to help plan student activities that are thoughtful, helpful to students and address their needs as they look forward in their career.
- Webinar leaders -- We are looking for people interested in hosting a webinar (topic of your choice) or part of our fisheries assessment series. If you would like to share your knowledge with other members, this is a great way to do so. We are also looking into creating instructional videos on different fisheries skills and techniques.
- AFS-IFS 2020 Fellow Award Selection Committee is looking for someone from the Education Section to sit on the award selection committee and would like the involvement of a student.
- Best Student Presentation/Poster symposium committee member.
- Subsection liaison with the Hutton Program.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities or would like to know more, please email us at [email protected]
2019-2020 AFS Student & Early Career Professionals Subsection President