EARLY CAREER PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL AWARD
The Education Section of the American Fisheries Society is currently accepting applications for the Early Career Professional Travel Award for the 2018 Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The Early Career Professional Travel Award was established to promote attendance of young professionals at the Annual Meeting who have made substantial contributions to the field through continued education, outreach, and AFS service. The award provides up to $1,000 in travel support. Preference will be given to individuals presenting at the meeting, those involved in continuing education or outreach, and those in need of financial assistance for travel. Up to three awards will be given this year!
All young professional members (within 5 years post-graduation at the time of application), including agency biologists, postdoctoral associates, and faculty are encouraged to apply. The award winners will be required to attend the Education Section business meeting to receive the award and contribute to the Section’s winter newsletter.
The application should consist of the following:
- Letter of interest, including:
- Statement of service to the Society, Sections, Divisions, or Chapters and why you want to attend the meeting;
- Statement of continued education and outreach;
- Statement of financial need; and
- Statement of career goals.
- Current résumé/CV, including
- List of publications and presentations; and
- Honors and awards.
- Title and abstract of the contributed paper(s) or poster(s) being presented at the annual meeting
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file to Dan Dembkowski, chair of the Membership and Early Career Professional Committee, at [email protected] and must be received by April 15, 2018. Award recipients will be notified by May 1st, 2018.